HUD Certified Housing Counselor (Bohemia, NY) Full-Time
Money Fit by DRS, Inc. ●
What will you be doing?
Money Fit by DRS is seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable HUD Certified Housing Counselor to join our team. As a HUD Certified Housing Counselor, you will play a crucial role in assisting individuals and families in achieving and maintaining affordable and sustainable housing solutions. If you are passionate about helping others, possess excellent counseling and communication skills, and have a thorough understanding of HUD programs and regulations, we encourage you to apply.
- Provide comprehensive housing counseling services to clients, including pre-purchase, rental, foreclosure prevention, and post-purchase counseling.
- Conduct client assessments to determine eligibility for various housing assistance programs and services.
- Assist clients in developing and implementing personalized action plans to achieve their housing goals.
- Educate clients on fair housing laws, tenant rights, and responsibilities.
- Conduct financial assessments and provide guidance on budgeting, credit repair, and debt management.
- Assist clients in navigating the home buying process, including mortgage options, down payment assistance programs, and home inspections.
- Collaborate with other community organizations, lenders, and agencies to ensure clients receive appropriate resources and referrals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client files and documentation in compliance with HUD guidelines.
- Stay informed about changes in HUD programs, policies, and regulations through ongoing training and professional development.
- Certification as a HUD Certified Housing Counselor is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as social work, counseling, or housing studies, is preferred.
- Previous experience in housing counseling, mortgage lending, or a related field is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of HUD programs, regulations, and fair housing laws.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain complex concepts to clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to provide empathetic, non-judgmental counseling and support.
- Proficiency in using computer applications, including MS Office and housing counseling software.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
A great benefits package with many options and choices:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive health insurance package, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Retirement savings plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application online and email your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the position to [email protected].
We look forward to welcoming a new member to our team who is passionate about supporting individuals and families in achieving their housing goals.
“Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to an inclusive workplace. We provide equal opportunities for all applicants and employees regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. We encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.”