How Debt Relief Works
Our debt relief programs begin with a free consultation in order to determine the specific needs of the person seeking assistance. We will address remedial issues such as building a household budget that works, provide free financial resources & guidance, and then decide which course of action would be best to take.
If during the consultation, a debt relief plan is found to be a workable solution, the following steps explain how the program works:
- Debt accrued, such as credit card, medical, collection, or other unsecured debts are consolidated into one, typically smaller, monthly payment and sent to creditors once they accept a proposal.
- The account, if it’s open and is a revolving line of credit, will be closed to further charging and to be paid off in an expedited manner.
- Once an account is paid in full, the overall monthly payment remains the same, and the additional funds are distributed to the next account (typically either the next lowest balanced account or the next highest interest rate affected account) in order to pay the total debt down as quickly as possible.
Ten Signs That You Need Debt Relief
Answering the following yes or no questions can help you determine if you have are currently facing a problem with debt.
- Do you use a large or increasing portion of your monthly income to pay your debt? Ideally, you want to have no more than 20% of your monthly income applied to the debt.
- Are you only able to make the minimum monthly payments towards your credit card or loan payments each month?
- Do you divert money to pay for bills that were intended for other things?
- Are you carrying high balances on your credit cards? Are they near or at their limits?
- Do you have to use your savings to pay bills?
- Have you been contacted by a debt collector or credit card company regarding delinquent accounts?
- If you have an unexpected need like a doctor or dentist visit, would you have to put it off?
- If you or your partner were to lose your income unexpectedly, would you find yourself in financial trouble right away?
- Are you currently, or have you considered, working a second job to get by?
- Do you feel stressed or worried when thinking about money?
Answering yes to any of these questions could indicate that you should consider seeking help.
How to Receive Debt Relief in Gillette, Wyoming
We invited you to enter your information and submit it to us through our website. Or, if you’d prefer, you can call us toll-free to speak with a Certified Credit Counselor and get started right away. The toll-free number is (800) 432-0310.
Our business hours are:
Mon – Thurs: 9 AM – 4 PM
Fri: 8 AM – 3 PM
Sunday: 8 AM to 12 PM MT (closed holiday weekends)
Additional Links & Resources
Money Fit by DRS, Inc. is licensed and provides Debt Relief Services in the State of Wyoming.
Wyoming Secretary of State
Herschler Building East – 122 W 25th St Suite 100
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Certificate of Authority Number: #200500490229